I am a computer scientist (M.Sc.), specializing in Deep Learning. I am passionate about generative and variational methods like Variational Auto-Encoders, automated hyperparameter optimization, and the many different applications of artificial neural networks to augment and complement human abilities.
- Deep Learning:
- Variational Auto-Encoders
- Generative Methods
- Convolutional Neural Networks
- TensorFlow and Theano
- Automated Hyperparameter Optimization:
- Bayesian Optimization
- Cluster Distribution
- REST Interface
- Programming Languages:
- Best in: Python - scipy, numpy, matplotlib & sklearn
- Java, C++
Master of Computer Science
- October 2013 - January 2016
- Technische Universität München (TUM)
- Grade: 1.5
Bachelor of Computer Science
- October 2009 - September 2013
- Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT)
- Grade: 2.4
- March 2009
- Europa-Gymnasium Wörth
- Grade: 2.1
apsis: Bayesian Optimization for Hyperparameter Optimization
- A framework for distributed and efficient hyperparameter optimization using Bayesian Optimization
- In development since October 2014
- Language: Python
Master's Thesis: Autonomous Exploration in Tactile Spaces
- Variational auto-encoders and exploratory models for tactile exploration
- July 2015 - January 2016
- Language: Python, Theano
- Grade: 1.3
Student Research Assistant at BRML (TUM)
- tacman project
- Work included application of machine learning algorithms on tactile data for force learning, recording of force data, designing for 3D printing and work on robots
- March 2014 - April 2015
Deep Learning in Action
- Student club organizing Deep Learning presentations and meetups
- Organization and videos
- Three events since June 2015
- Up to 450 participants
Debating (Debatte Karlsruhe e.V.)
- President: February 2012 - February 2013
- Public Relations: August 2011 - February 2012
- Member: August 2010 - October 2013
- Debating in German and English
- Participation in several university tournaments
Tutor in Algorithms
- Institut für Telematik, KIT
- April 2011 - September 2012
- Karlsruher Institut für Technologie
- Analysis I
- Winter Semester 2007/08
frederikdiehl   (at)   gmail.com
html5up.net under the CCA licence.
The cv icon, and the stylized robot arm logo have been created by me, using GIMP.
The apsis logo is used with permission from the original author, who prefers to remain anonymous. The MunichACM/Deep Learning in Action Logo has been created by David Dao and is used with his permission.
The Debatte Karlsruhe logo has been created by members of the club. It is used with permission.
The brml logo is by brml, and is used with permission.
The teaching icon (used for my tutor page) is by Creative Stall from the Noun Project, and is under a CC BY 3.0 US license.
All other icons are from Font Awesome by Dave Gandy under the SIL Open Font License.
This website is currently hosted using GitHub Pages; the repository can be found here.